Speaking in Tech #4 – Speaking in Tech: Forget G-Drive hype, try Dropbox-for-Big-Biz… Plus: iOS versus Android in enterprise security
Show notes and episode details after the jump…
- Sarah goes AWOL after only 3 episodes
- Live podcasts coming up in June at Dell Storage Forum in Boston and HP Discover in Las Vegas
Special Guest this week is Brian Katz
Brian works at Sanofi Pharmaceuticals, a global pharmaceutical company where he is in charge of the mobile engineering group. You can follow him on twitter @bmkatz and on his blog at http://ascrewsloose.com
This week we talk about…
- Google Drive Launching Next Week!
- Google Drive details: 5 GB for free, launching next week for Mac, Windows, Android and iOS
- Various internet reports claim that Google will be launching Google Drive next week with 5GB – more than double the 2GB that come with the popular Dropbox. From the reports, Google Drive will work “in desktop folders” on Mac, Windows, iOS and Android.
- Meanwhile, a leaked VMware Memo Outlines View 5.1, Project Octopus Launch Plans, the cloud storage service referred to as “Dropbox for the enterprise,” by the end of June, according to the leaked document.”
- Katz on Cunsumerization: “You want me to do what?!? A mobile strategy challenge!”
- Are “acceptable use” policies effective?
- Mobile security: The distinction between iOS devices and Android on security and compliance
- BYOD: It’s not about saving money
•10 Big Questions for Brian