Hosted by Greg Knieriemen, Ed Saipetch and Sarah Vela. Our special guest this week is Chad Sakac, Senior Vice President at EMC.
Catching up with Chad
- New promotion, new responsibilities
Oracle buys Xsigo
- Oracle PR spins it as Software Defined Networking
- “Sorry Oracle, Xsigo IS NOT Software Defined Networking”
- Looks like a reaction to VMware buying Nicira
VMware’s boldest move yet – Nicira
- This is the advent of virtual networking… with virtual servers combined with vSphere’s storage virtualization… VMware is building the complete virtual stack
- How does the landscape change now for VMware, EMC and their competitors?
- Enterprise deployment of SDN’s
- How does EMC and VMware keep the VMware lovefest going?
Big changes at EMC and VMware
- EMC’s President Pat Gelsinger is now the CEO of VMware, Paul Maritz is Vice Chairman at EMC
- How does Pat manage VMware’s ecosystem partners having come directly from EMC?
What’s next for CloudFoundry?