Speaking in Tech #26: Hitachi Data Systems’ Secret Labs
Building tomorrow’s tech today
Hosted by Greg Knieriemen, Ed Saipetch and Sarah Vela but this week, Sarah gets a break while Ed and Greg podcast from Hitachi Data Systems. Our special guests this week are Ken Wood, director of technology and strategy at HDS, and The Storage Architect blogger Chris Evans.
This week we discuss…
- Ken Wood and the greatest tech job in the world
- HDS Skunkworks
- The growth and value in content and unstructured data
- video, images and data extraction
- Real time meta data generation
- Business value of data
- Log file analystics
- Enriched custom meta deta
- The scale of content and unstructured data
- Monetizing and predicting the value of innnovation
- The value of failure
Disclosure Statement: Speaking in Tech is independent and does not receive financial support directly or indirectly from vendors or guests and vendor relationships are clearly disclosed on the podcast. Hosts of the podcast do occasionally accept opportunities from vendors to cover special events and vendor announcements where travel, lodging and meals are typically covered and is clearly disclosed on the podcast. For this podcast, HDS provided transportation and lodging.