Speaking in Tech #47 – Live from New York at CommVault’s Data Management Summit
Hosted by Greg Knieriemen, Ed Saipetch and Sarah Vela. This week we are live in New York City at CommVault’s Data Management Summit with special guests, W. Curtis Preston of “Truth in IT” and David West, VP of Marketing for CommVault.
This week we discuss…
- Curtis loses it
- Movies of the year
- CommVault announces Simpana 10
- From backup and disaster recovery to data management
- API access into retained data
- Convergence of snapshots, backup and archive
- Challenges backing up virtualized environments
- Hyper-V gaining market share against VMware
- Data protection of cloud apps like Salesforce
Disclosure: Speaking in Tech is independent and does not receive financial support directly or indirectly from vendors or guests and vendor relationships are clearly disclosed on the podcast. Hosts of the podcast do occasionally accept opportunities from vendors to cover special events and vendor announcements where travel, lodging and meals are typically covered. For this podcast, CommVault provided transportation and lodging.