Our special guest this week is Christopher Lynch, a tech venture capitalist with Atlas Venture. Chris is a partner at Atlas Venture and former CEO and President of Vertica (which was sold to HP last year) and Acopia (which was sold to F5 in 2007), and has led a number of startups to big acquisitions.
Show notes and episode details after the jump…
Reminder “Speaking in Tech” will be podcasting from the Dell Storage Forum coming up June 11 – 13 in Boston as a dedicated session at the conference grilling Dell executives in front of a live audience
Our Guest this week is Chris Lynch of Atlas Venture in Boston
- A VC’s view of the Facebook IPO
- Facebook’s impact on other VC’s and irrational investments
- Jump back to Chris and his roots growing up in Boston
- From punker to VC
- From DEC, to Prominent, to Lucent
- The leap to Arrowpoint and eventual $5.7 Billion acquisition by Cisco
- As President & CEO of Acopia Networks, sold to F5 for $210M in 2007
- As President & CEO of Vertica Systems, sold to HP last year for $320M
- How ex-yahoo CEO Scott Thompson helped marry HP and Vertica
- Thoughts on Leo as a leader? What did the transfer to Meg look like?
- Now at Atlas Venture focusing on Big Data